Dalit Bahujan Resource Centre is established in 1992 and working for the Socio Economic and Cultural transformation of the Dalit Bahujan Communities with special focus on women and children in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
DBRC is focusing on transforming the lives of these Communities by providing information, knowledge and capacity building.
DBRC works for promotion of livelihood, dignity and self-respect among Dalits, Adivasis, Waste Pickers and other informal workers.
- Our Goal is to enable Dalit Bahujans to actualize their dreams, a new society where Dalit Bahujans will become aware of their rights and entitlements; develop strong social and financial resources; and become part of decision making bodies.
- To achieve social justice and social democracy to reclaim human dignity of Dalit Bahujan Communities.
- The Mission of DBRC is Enabling Assertive Interventions of Dalit Bahujan Communities towards their Socio Economic Empowerment.
- To build and strengthen the marginalized communities to access, ascertain the human development indicators such as education, health, livelihoods and dignity
- To end Violence, Atrocities and Untouchability on Dalit Bahujan communities particularly women and children.
- Women Empowerment & Safety Concerns
- To eliminate and reduce the adverse environmental impacts by working on environment and climate change.
- To support and strengthen efforts of state, central and local governments in empowering marginalized communities.
- Capacity Building
- Social Inclusion
- Pro-active approach
- Nurturing Community Structures
- Promoting Thematic Interventions
- Perspective Building
- Resource Mobilization
- Networks and Alliance Building
What we do
- Facilitating schemes intended for the welfare and development of the Marginalized Communities
- Strengthening Community Leadership
- Interface between the Community and Government Departments
- Promotion of Dalit Bahujan Ideology
- Discussion & Debate on Contemporary Socio-Economic Issues
- Research & policy development
- Dissemination of Information through Knowledge Products (Pamphlets/Handouts/Wall Writings/Booklets/Fact Sheets/News Letter) etc.
- Engagement with the Government to ensure policy changes in accordance with the community needs & aspirations.
- Relief and Rehabilitation